How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV in Singapore (Jan. 2021)
The Apple TV lets you stream content from your Apple devices directly to the TV. You can also access various streaming services via apps like Disney Plus. However, if you are looking for ways on how to watch Disney Plus in Singapore on Apple TV, you need a VPN service.
Meanwhile, Disney Plus can only be watched on Apple TV HD 4th generation or later. Users that have 1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation models may face compatibility issues with the application. Nevertheless, you can always find workarounds for everything.
📢 To get Disney Plus in Singapore on Apple TV, scroll down to find the best VPN, and follow the simple steps below!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney+ on Apple TV [Overview]
- PureVPN: Best VPN for Disney+ on Apple TV Preconfigured routers available for Apple TV. 6,500+ servers in 180+ countries. AES-256-bit Encryption. Test trial for 7-day trial available @ $0.99/mo. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Apple TV. Preconfigured routers available for Apple TV. 3,200+ servers in 65 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. Free trial available and 30-day refund guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Apple TV. Preconfigured routers available for Apple TV. 5,400+ servers in 59 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. 7-day free trial for Android, and iOS. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ on Apple TV. Router application for existing models. 3,000 servers in 94 locations. AES-256-GCM Encryption. Free trial and 30-Day Refund Guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Unblocks Disney+ on Apple TV. Preconfigured routers available for Apple TV. 1600+ servers in 75+ locations.. AES-256-CBC Encryption. No free trial but a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Starts at $2.33/mo on a 1-year plan.
How To Get Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Configuring a VPN on Your Wi-Fi Router
- Set Up a SmartDNS Proxy on Apple TV
- Using a VPN via AirPlay (No Router Method)
1. Configuring a VPN on Your WiFi Router
- Download Router Firmware
- Connect to Router
- Flash the Router according to the manual provided or search online
- Login to the dashboard via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Enter your credentials
- Click on the “services” tab
- Open the “VPN” tab.
- Check the “Enable” box, next to “Start OpenVPN Client”
- Add relevant settings after contacting your VPN support team.
- Select the US server for the connection.
- Connect your Apple TV to the VPN Wi-Fi Router.
- Open the Disney Plus app and enjoy the series and shows
2. Set Up a Smart DNS Proxy on Apple TV
- Start your Apple TV device and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Move to “General”
- Select “Network”.
- Choose “Wi-Fi”
- Open “Ethernet”.
- Go to “Configure DNS”
- Switch Configure DNS to “Manual”.
- Enter a DNS server address manually. (Get one from your VPN or here.)
- Click the “Confirm” button and go to “Settings”.
- Move to “General”
- Click on the iTunes Store.
- Open the “Location” menu
- Select the US from Countries
- Put Apple TV in “Sleep Now”
- Unplug the Apple TV Power Cord
- Plug the cord back in and enjoy easy unblocking via SmartDNS/Proxy
3. Using a VPN via AirPlay (No Router Method)
- Subscribe to a premium plan from a provider like PureVPN
- Download the preferred app for your iOS (iPhone, Mac, iPad)
- Activate PureVPN and enter your login credentials
- Connect to a server that is located in the United States
- Open the Disney Plus app and find the video you want to AirPlay
- Check if your iOS device and TV are connected on the same network
- Click on the “Screen Mirror” icon and select your Apple TV
- Enjoy streaming the Disney Plus library!
5 Best VPNs to Get Disney Plus on Apple TVs [Detailed Analysis]
Yes, you can unblock Disney+ and If you want to know which VPN works how and what will suit your needs, just check out these recommended VPNs for Disney Plus on Apple TV devices.
1. PureVPN: Best VPN for Disney+ in Singapore
PureVPN is Hong Kong-based and is one of the oldest options that offer tremendous support to Apple TV compatibility in the form of a pre-programmed router, on which you can connect to a US server and attaching your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi.
The provider is keeping cipher of 256-Bit, Kill Switch, IPv6 Leak Protection. PureVPN gives you full-fledged access to servers strategically spread across 180+ locations to keep your online activities private. Besides Apple TV, gaming consoles like PS4 are also supported by provider.
PureVPN Working Servers: January 2021
Users can unblock Disney Plus seamlessly and efficiently through these PureVPN’s recommended servers: Ashburn, New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta.
- Works well with Apple TV
- Unlimited data transfer
- Top grade security
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- AES-256 Bit-Encryption
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- Customer service needs improvement
2. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Apple TV
Surfshark is based in the British Virgin Islands, launched in 2018, is an inexpensive VPN that works perfectly on Apple TV devices. Surfshark offers a preconfigured router for connecting your Apple TV to a VPN server.
You can either configure the VPN on a router or change your Apple TV’s default DNS servers to those of Surfshark. For Smart DNS service, you need to verify your IP address on the Surfshark website and wifi network connectivity of your Apple TV.
Surfshark Working Servers: January 2021
Surfshark users who want to unblock Disney Plus in Singapore can stream in 4k quality using these recommended servers: Boston, Detriot, and Denver!
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Extended Audit Needed
3. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Apple TV
NordVPN is based in Panama, established in 2012 provides a preconfigured router for connecting to a VPN via the Wi-Fi network. This allows the provider to successfully enjoy VPN connectivity on other devices too i.e; Samsung TVs , Android Device, and Roku devices.
It uses obfuscation technology which can transform VPN traffic into regular HTTPs traffic, giving users the ability to bypass geo-restrictions and VPN bans. You even have SmartPlay, an encrypted DNS proxy tool, which assists in unblocking geo-locked content.
NordVPN Working Servers: January 2021
NordVPN’s US servers work smoothly if you want to watch Disney+ in Singapore, minus any hassles. Recommended choices:#3097, #2497, #3288, #3325.
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
4. ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ on Apple TV
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, founded in 2011, and ranked among the faster VPNs for Apple TV devices. It offers a pre-configured router app, which you can install on existing DD-WRT and Tomato routers eliminating the need for a pre-configured router.
ExpressVPN uses the strongest encryption parameters, including perfect forward secrecy. The provider allows its subscribers to use its Smart DNS proxy service known as “Media Streamer”. The VPN is also compatible with Smart TVs, Roku, PS4, and iPhone.
ExpressVPN Working Servers: January 2021
ExpressVPN offers amazing support for Disney+ through their RAM-infrastructure technology. Recommended servers: New Jersey-1, Washington DC, New York.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
5. IPVanish: Unblocks Disney+ on Apple TV Easily
IPVanish based in the United States launched in 2012 offers optimized servers for unblocking Disney Plus on Apple TVs. A pre-configured router is required for VPN connection to your Apple TV via the Wi-Fi network, which is easy to setup and manually configure!
IPVanish allows five simultaneous connections, with military-grade encryption, and keeps zero logs. You have a complete guide on its website for a router setting. If you are not confident about your router, IPVanish sells pre-flashed DD-WRT routers compatible with Apple TVs.
IPVanish Working Servers: January 2021
IPVanish’s US servers unblock Disney Plus in Singapore and that too in ultra HD quality. Recommended choices: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Denver.
- 1,500+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Privacy Issues
How to Save Content from Disney Plus on Apple TV
The Disney Plus app supports 4K streaming, unlimited downloads, 4 simultaneous streams, up to 7 profiles, with hundreds of avatars for your personal profile. You can of course search for films and series within the Disney App.
In the lower bar, you only have to select the magnifying glass symbol. A download function is directly available, so you can download series and films and then watch them offline on your Apple TV or other devices including Smart TV even without an internet connection.
Simply open the app on your Apple TV when you are connected to the internet. Tap on the film, episode, or season that you want to download. Click on the symbol for download, to the right of the play button. The selected content will then be downloaded to your device.
How to Get Disney Plus on Apple TV: FAQ’s
When you explore to get Disney Plus in Singapore, there will be queries in your mind to find answers. Below can be one of those expected and common questions.
🎁Why is Disney plus not showing on Apple TV?
Disney Plus only works on Apple TV’s 4 & 5th generation. It does not work on 3rd generation Apple TVs.
▶️Is Disney+ free with Apple TV+?
Apple TV Plus costs $5 a month, or $50 for an annual subscription, and it offers a standard seven-day free trial. By comparison, Disney Plus is $7 a month, with a large library of movies and shows available immediately.
⚠️Why doesn’t my Apple TV have an app store?
You can’t. If your TV doesn’t have an app store then it isn’t an Apple TV 4. Only the Apple TV 4 supports the downloading of apps, if you have a previous version then you have the apps it comes with and can’t have anymore.
🥉How can you add apps to Apple TV?
on Apple TV, highlight Buy or Get (for a free app), then press the Touch surface of the Siri Remote to begin downloading. If you see Install (with the iCloud icon), you’ve already purchased the app and you can download it again for free.
Wrapping Things Up
Thank you for reading the article on how to get Disney Plus on Apple TV. For any query related to watching Disney Plus on Apple TV, you can leave a comment. Start your Apple TV and subscribe to Disney Plus to get a theatric ambiance all the way in Singapore!