The Best VPN in Singapore for January 2021 (Fast & Reliable)
Are you looking for the best VPN in Singapore? Well, if you need to bypass geo-restrictions and content limitations, then you definitely do need one. Nobody likes encountering any sort of blocks when exploring the internet or while accessing Disney+ in Singapore.
These privacy tools serve plenty of useful purposes for both Singaporean residents and expats. The former can access blocked websites in the country with a VPN. Meanwhile, the latter can use one for accessing local Singaporean content from anywhere in the world!
5 Best VPN Services in Singapore [Overview]
- PureVPN: The Best VPN in Singapore. 6500+ servers in 180+ locations. 140+ servers located in Singapore. 24/7 Technical Support. Internet Kill Switch. IPv6 Leak Protection. AES-256-bit Encryption. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Singaporeans. 3,200+ servers in 65+ locations. 50+ servers located in Singapore. AES-256-CBC Encryption. Free trial available and 30-day refund guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Singapore. 5,400+ servers in 59 locations. 110+ servers located in Singapore. AES-256-CBC Encryption. 7-day free trial for Android and iOS. 30-day refund. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: Fastest VPN for Singapore. 3,000 servers in 94 locations. 10+ servers located in Singapore. AES-256-GCM Encryption. Free trial and 30-Day Refund Guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Reliable VPN in Singapore. 1,600+ servers in 75+ locations. 14 servers located in Singapore. AES-256-CBC Encryption. No free trial but a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Starts at $2.33/mo on a 1-year plan.
The Best VPN in Singapore for 2021 [Detailed Analysis]
Here is a detailed analysis of the best VPNs for Singapore based on critical inspection of Singaporean servers, affordability, features, unblocking capabilities, and more!
1. PureVPN: The Best VPN in Singapore
PureVPN uses the 256-bit AES protocol encryption standard by default coupled with 2,048-bit SSL keys. The provider has its headquarters in the safe jurisdiction, Hong Kong, and is protected from 5,9 & 14 eyes surveillance alliances.
The VPN offers automatic Wi-Fi protection which is especially handy if you connect to public Wi-Fi on a regular basis. PureVPN uses highly secure protocols like OpenVPN/IKEv2 on Windows, macOS, and different TV models of Samsung TV and Apple TV.
It also has a large network of 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries with 24 in Singapore. When connected to PureVPN’s secure servers, there’s no way for cybercriminals, hackers, or surveillance agencies to log your online activities.
- 6,500+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- 140+ Singaporean Servers Available
- Based in Hong Kong (Safe Location)
- Military-Grade AES-256 Encryption
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- No Free Trial Available
2. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Singaporeans
By using SurfsharkVPN, zero complaints about performance can be the main indicator to go for it. P2P is allowed with Surfshark and it can unlock Disney Plus, Netflix, the BBC iPlayer, and other streaming services, as reliably as PureVPN.
Surfshark provides smooth connectivity, no downtime, and has an audited no logs policy from Cure53! It offers a strong network of 3,200+ servers in 63+ countries worldwide including Singapore, which works in favor of ex-pats!
The VPN uses obfuscation technology to transform VPN traffic into regular HTTPS traffic, granting easy access to different streaming services. It provides an ad-free Blind Search tool and even comes equipped with Split Tunneling.
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- 50+ Singaporean Servers Available
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Limited P2P Servers
3. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Singapore
NordVPN offers secure and anonymous browsing with fantastic speed and uses one of the best security protocols IKEv2. It follows strictly no-logs policy and regular audit is performed by PWC Switzerland, guaranteeing you leverage strong privacy/anonymity online!
The VPN offers a CyberSec system as an additional firewall accompanied by an additional cost-effective ad-blocker. Nord VPN has 5400+ servers worldwide with 110+ servers in Singapore. You can even leverage smooth connectivity on Roku and Smart TVs.
The Panama-based provider uses AES-256-CBC with an RSA-2048 handshake for the control channel. NordVPN is equipped with Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) by a DHE-4096 key exchange. NordVPN can connect 6 devices on many platform types.
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- 110+ Servers Available in Canada
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Requires Improvement
4. ExpressVPN: Fastest VPN for Singapore
ExpressVPN is the most secure, fast VPN with state of the art features, can be set up for any device including iPhone, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows, and routers. Its software is equipped with a handy speed test.
The BVI-based provider utilizes AES-256-GCM encryption by default and uncompromised speed which allows users to bypass network restrictions anonymously and protect the data and files from hacks and other cyber-attacks.
ExpressVPN supports extensions for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari and is an ideal service for beginners or people who are not that computer literate. ExpressVPN runs 3,000 servers in 160 locations with 3 in Singapore.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- 10 Servers Available in Singapore
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Price is a little high
5. IPVanish: Reliable VPN in Singapore
Number of Servers: 1,600+ | Locations: 75+ | Singapore Servers: 14+ Trustpilot Score: 4.7 | Maximum Devices: 10 | Price: $2.33/mo on a 1-Year plan
IPVanish is simple, speedy, and reliable, with a good selection of servers and a killswitch that works well. The VPN is safe and reliable to use, thanks to features like DNS and IPv6 leak protection. Using IPVanish VPN after downloading is also not difficult.
The US-based provider connects to more than 10 devices at once, with compatibility for gaming consoles like PS4 too, allowing the whole family or office to surf safely and without interruption. IPVanish has enough speed to stream 8K video.
It also protects your data with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption. This encryption is unmatched and cannot be cracked. No one will be able to access your data. Only numbers and letters can be seen scattered in different places.
- 1,600+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 14 Servers Available in Singapore
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Privacy Issues
Criteria for Selecting Best VPN in Singapore
When it comes to selecting the best VPN in Singapore, you need to be wary of certain factors, as to not select a provider that fails at delivering good privacy and security. These factors have been listed below for your convenience. Make sure the VPN you select:
- Utilizes military-grade AES-256 encryption
- Does not suffer from WebRTC/DNS/IP address leaks
- Delivers good performance for unblocking websites
- Provides dedicated apps for all popular platforms
- Supports OpenVPN and the latest WireGuard protocols!
Why Use a VPN in Singapore?
Those who are new to using VPN services may still be confused as to why they need a VPN in Singapore. To give you a detailed insight, I have added some use-cases below. These are some ways you can benefit from using a VPN:
Unblock a Huge List of VoDs
If you want to watch Disney Plus in Singapore, getting a VPN is a great option. By connecting to a server in the US, you can easily bypass geo-restrictions and content limitations imposed by Disney+, and gain access to a whole new world of entertainment!
Protection from Prying Eyes
VPNs offer significant protection from the prying eyes of government agencies, copyright infringement hunters, and cybercriminals who may be after your data. By changing your location and assigning a new IP address, you remain anonymous in Singapore.
Become a Local Outside the Country
If you have moved out of Singapore and want to access local content, a VPN can provide great incentives. By connecting to a server in Singapore, you can easily access any .sg website or even your local home network, if you purchase a dedicated IP.
The Best VPN in Singapore: FAQ’s
When you explore to get the best VPN for Singapore, there will be queries in your mind to find answers. Below can be one of those expected and common questions.
🎁Is VPN legal in Singapore?
There are no strict laws surrounding the usage of VPNs in Singapore. For the most part, they are legal. However, if you use a VPN for any illegal activities like cyberstalking, cyberbullying, hacking, identity theft, you could still get in trouble!
▶️How can I change my VPN to Singapore?
When you connect VPN, it changes your IP address. Therefore, if you want to act like a local, simply connect to a VPN server in Singapore. This will assign you a Singaporean IP address making it seem as if you reside in the country.
⚠️Can I watch Disney Plus in Singapore?
Since Disney+ is only available in a select few countries that does not include Singapore, you cannot access the VoD. However, by using a VPN and connecting to a server in the US, users can unblock all Disney Plus content, while residing in Singapore.
The best VPNs in Singapore can prove useful for both residents and expats. If you need protection online, want to unblock websites, or act like a local from another country, there is no better option than to subscribe to a VPN service. However, if you encounter any issues, do not hesitate on dropping a comment below!