How to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Singapore (Jan. 2021)
PS4 can be a good companion in the current situation of expected lockdowns and upcoming Christmas/winter holidays, as an alternate entertainment for your family while sticking at home. However, if you want to get Disney Plus in Singapore on PS4, you will need a VPN!
Apart from being a gaming console, PS4 can also work as a streaming device for Disney Plus. This means, you can watch all your favorite movies/TV shows directly from your PlayStation, which works well, if you don’t have a Smart TV for entertainment.
📢To access Disney+ in Singapore or anywhere outside the US, get the best VPNs for PS4, and follow the instructions listed below:
- PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on PlayStation Preconfigured routers available for PS4. 6,500+ servers in 180+ locations. AES-256-bit Encryption. Test trial for 7-day trial available @ $0.99/mo. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on PS4. Preconfigured routers available for PS4. 3200+ servers in 65 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. Free trial available and 30-day refund guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on PS4. Preconfigured routers available for PS4. 5,400+ servers in 59 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. 7-day free trial for Android, and iOS. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ on PS4. Router application for existing models. 3,000 servers in 94 locations. AES-256-GCM Encryption. Free trial and 30-Day Refund Guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Unblocks Disney+ on PS4. Preconfigured routers available for PS4. 1600+ servers in 75+ locations.. AES-256-CBC Encryption. No free trial but a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Starts at $2.33/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Singapore
PS4 does not support any VPN but there are a number of ways that can be used to connect to a VPN on PS4 and stream Disney Plus in your restricted location. The following 2 techniques can be picked to connect VPN to PS4.
1. Configuring a VPN on Your WiFi Router
- Download Router Firmware
- Connect to Router
- Flash the Router according to the manual provided or search online
- Login to the dashboard via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Enter your credentials
- Click on the “services” tab
- Open the “VPN” tab.
- Check the “Enable” box, next to “Start OpenVPN Client”
- Add relevant settings after contacting your VPN support team.
- Select the US server for the connection.
- Connect your Apple TV to the VPN Wi-Fi Router.
- Open the Disney Plus app and enjoy the series and shows
2. Set Up a SmartDNS Proxy on PS4
Although this method is becoming obsolete, still it is in use for changing the DNS address for Disney Plus. If your router can be configured through DNS then follow these steps;
- Go for a SmartDNS service subscription
- Collect US DNS server addresses (primary and secondary) from your provider.
- On PS4 navigate to the Network Settings.
- Choose Custom and Manual
- Enter the DNS server addresses obtained
- Make a new PlayStation® Network account with your location in the US
- Launch Disney Plus and enjoy it!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Singapore [Detailed Analysis]
These 5 best VPNs are totally attuned with PS4 on the basis of their extended networks, state of the art technology, strict policies of no-log user connection, and no sharing/selling data, safe VPN encryption, and provision of digital security.
1. PureVPN: Best VPN for Disney+ on PlayStation
PureVPN is a super-fast VPN for streaming Disney Plus on PS4 as it provides reduced lags and improves the user experience. It offers dedicated P2P gaming servers where traffic is low to experience uninterrupted streaming.
The VPN offers a pre-configured router app for playing favorite movies/TV shows on a larger screen with NAT Firewall, Split Tunnelling, and Dedicated IPs! It provides a stable, convenient, and secure port forwarding facility to PS4 users and OpenVPN (.ovpn) configuration files.
You can load on your router for watching Disney Plus on PS4 and Roku devices. In addition to this, PureVPN even offers a myriad of advanced features. These include NAT Firewall, Split Tunneling, Ad/Tracker blocking, IPv6 Leak Protection, Port Forwarding, Kill Switch, and dedicated IPs.
- Works well with PS4
- Unlimited data transfer
- Top grade security
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- AES-256 Bit-Encryption
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- Customer service needs improvement
2. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on PS4
Surfshark is providing secure gaming from DDoS & hackers on PS4 with easy installation of VPN to router connection. The VPN uses obfuscation technology to unblock Disney Plus, transforming VPN traffic into regular HTTPs traffic.
You can either configure the VPN on a router or change your PS4’s default DNS servers to those of Surfshark. For Smart DNS service, you need to verify your IP address on the Surfshark website and wifi network connectivity of your PS4.
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Extended Audit Needed
3. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on PS4
NordVPN offers military-grade encryption for streaming Disney Plus on PS4 devices. It even has pre-configured routers for users to set up a VPN connection on Wi-Fi. For connectivity, NordVPN can handle just about any network disruption short of Y2K.
The provider has been audited twice by PwC Switzerland, which gives users satisfaction with security. The VPN is also free from all WebRTC/DNS/IP address leaks and its connection times for accessing Disney Plus or other streaming are remarkable on multiple supportive devices like SamsungTV, SmartTVs, Roku, iPhone, PS4 and Android devices etc.
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS Devices
- Works with US/UK/JP Netflix
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
4. ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ on PS4
ExpressVPN is one of the reliable and secure VPN for Disney Plus on PS4 with optimized speed and stability and makes your gaming console a streaming video-powerhouse. It offers a pre-configured router and a separate “router application“.
ExpressVPN’s Media Streamer tool also offers an easy way to hide your gaming console’s location. Their servers utilize a RAM-infrastructure to deliver fast speeds and eliminate the storing of logs allowing users to enjoy the HD appearance on PS4 and other compatible devices including Smart TV, Samsung TV and Apple TV.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
5. IPVanish: Unblocks Disney+ on PS4 Easily
IPVanish offers a pre-configured router for PS4 devices with some gaming-specific features, like the ability to sort available servers by how good their response time or ping time is. The VPN is equipped with kill switch and and follows a strict no-logs policy.
The provider is based in the United States, which makes it a part of several international surveillance alliances like Five Eyes, Nine Eyes, and Fourteen Eyes. However, it faces no difficulty with data retention regulations or monitoring.
- 1,600+ Servers in 75+ Countries
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- 24/7 Live Customer Support
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Privacy Issues
How to Get Disney Plus on PS4 in Singapore: FAQs
When you explore to get Disney Plus in Singapore, there will be queries in your mind to find answers. Below can be one of those expected and common questions.
🎁Is Disney+ free on PlayStation?
No, only the Disney Plus app is free to install on PS4. You just need to download it from the PlayStation Store. Once you download the free Disney Plus app on your PS4, you’ll need to connect it to your Disney Plus subscribed account.
▶️How do I update Disney Plus on Playstation 4?
Go to the PS4 home screen to manually update the Disney Plus app on Sony’s console, press Options on your PS4 controller, and then select Check for update.
⚠️Does PlayStation have Disney plus?
Yes. Disney Plus is supported on PlayStation 4 Pro, PS4 Slim, and the regular PlayStation 4.
Wrapping Things Up
PS4 will no longer remain as a gaming console, it is enhanced with streaming Disney Plus on it. And real credit goes to VPNs which have shown us the way out of how to get Disney Plus on PS4 while residing in a geo-restricted region.