How to Watch Disney Plus on Roku in Singapore (Jan. 2021)
Just like its competitor Netflix, Disney+ is also a US-based streaming service with original video content from Disney delivered over the internet. It’s compatible with multiple devices like Roku, and offers a huge collection of movies/TV shows never seen before!
If you are wondering how to watch Disney Plus in Singapore on Roku, you will need a VPN. The platform imposes geo-restrictions, which only make content accessible in a select few countries outside the US. Unfortunately, the list doesn’t include Singapore.
📢 To get Disney Plus in Singapore on Roku, scroll down to find the best VPN, and follow the simple steps below!
- PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on Roku Preconfigured routers available for Roku devices. 6500+ servers in 180+ locations. AES-256-bit Encryption. Test trial for 7-day trial available @ $0.99/mo. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Roku. Preconfigured routers available for Roku devices. 3200+ servers in 65 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. Free trial available and 30-day refund guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Roku. Preconfigured routers available for Roku devices. 5,400+ servers in 59 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. 7-day free trial for Android, and iOS. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ on Roku. Router application for existing models. 3,000 servers in 94 locations. AES-256-GCM Encryption. Free trial and 30-Day Refund Guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Unblocks Disney+ on Roku. Preconfigured routers available for Roku devices. 1600+ servers in 75+ locations.. AES-256-CBC Encryption. No free trial but a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Starts at $2.33/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Watch Disney Plus in Singapore on Roku
Roku allows easy and affordable access to your favorite TV. Roku devices help in replacing expensive cable equipment, but unblocking Disney+ can be a little difficult. You can follow these steps to know how to get Disney Plus on a Roku device;
1. Set Up a VPN on Your WiFi Router
- Download Router Firmware
- Connect to Router
- Flash the Router according to the manual provided or search online
- Login to the dashboard via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Enter your credentials
- Click on the “services” tab
- Open the “VPN” tab.
- Check the “Enable” box, next to “Start OpenVPN Client”
- Add relevant settings after contacting your VPN support team.
- Select the US server for the connection.
- Connect your Apple TV to the VPN Wi-Fi Router.
- Open the Disney Plus app and enjoy the series and shows.
2. Set Up a Smart DNS Proxy
- Access your Router Admin Panel by entering the IP Address 192.168.1.1
- Tap “DNS Settings” and select the “Manual” option.
- Change the router DNS IPs to SmartDNS Proxy IPs.
- Generally, it comes as Primary/Secondary Server or DNS Setting 1 or 2 ,
- Get the DNS Server List from the SmartDNS Proxy service provider,
- Tap “Save” and then “Apply”.
- Restart the Router.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus on Roku [Detailed Analysis]
Here is a list of the scrutinized 5 Best VPNs for Roku after the detailed inspection of servers, unblocking strength, simultaneous connections, device compatibility, encryption, protocols supported, and most importantly, router compatibility for setup on Roku Devices.
1. PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on Roku
Number of Servers: 6,500+ | Locations: 180+ | US Servers: 450+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.8 | Maximum Devices Supported: 10 | Price: $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan
PureVPN is a super-fast VPN for Disney Plus that offers Roku users a pre-configured router app for playing their favorite movies/TV shows on a larger screen. In terms of features, you have NAT Firewall, Split Tunnelling, and Dedicated IPs!
For connectivity, PureVPN supports a network infrastructure of 300,000+ IP addresses and 6,500+ servers in 140+ countries worldwide. Among these include OpenVPN (.ovpn) configuration files, which you can load on your router for Disney Plus on Roku Devices and other routing supportive devices like PS4.
- Best for Roku Devices
- Unlimited data transfer
- Top grade security
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- AES-256 Bit-Encryption
- Customer service needs improvement
2. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Roku
Number of Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 65+ | US Servers: 500+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 | Maximum Devices Supported: Unlimited | Price: $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan
Surfshark is balanced with price and functionality to stream Disney Plus on Roku with easy installation of VPN to router connection. It can be secured on Roku with a Wi-Fi hotspot through your computer, which can be done on both Windows PC and macOS.
For connectivity, users have access to 3,200+ servers in 65+ countries, which utilize obfuscation. This allows them to transform VPN traffic into regular HTTPs traffic, granting easy access to Disney Plus in Singapore or elsewhere.
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Extended Audit Needed
3. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Roku
Number of Servers: 5,400+ | Countries: 59+ | US Servers: 1,800+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.5 | Maximum Devices Supported: 6 | Price: $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan
NordVPN is a highly secure option for streaming Disney Plus on Roku. Just like other VPNs in this list, NordVPN offers pre-configured routers for users to set up a VPN connection on Wi-Fi. It gives access to 5,400+ servers in 59+ countries worldwide.
This includes a list of obfuscated servers. You can obtain this from their live chat support to help access Disney Plus not only on Roku but also works best for Apple TV and Smart TVs, regardless of where you reside! NordVPN has even been audited twice by PwC Switzerland, which gives users satisfaction with security.
- Works well on Roku
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Connects to 6 devices simultaneously
- P2P allows the sharing of large files
- Does not squeeze bandwidth
- Improvement is needed for OpenVPN
4. ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ on Roku
Number of Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94+ | US Servers: 1080+ | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Maximum Devices Supported: 5 | Price: $6.67/mo on a 15-Months Plan
ExpressVPN is one of the reliable and secure VPNs for Disney Plus on Roku. It offers a pre-configured router and a separate “router application“, which you can install on your existing router. This helps Roku users to leverage VPN-connectivity for bypassing geo-restrictions.
It offers 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries expanded network, which utilizes a RAM-infrastructure to deliver fast speeds and eliminate the storing of logs. You can even connect to 5 devices simultaneously, in addition to your Roku device.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- Multi-Logins on 5 Devices
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Product is a Little Expensive
5. IPVanish: Unblocks Disney+ Easily on Roku
Number of Servers: 1,600+ | Locations: 75+ | US Servers: 860+ Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Maximum Devices Supported: 10 | Price: $2.33/mo on a 1-Year plan
Based in the United States, IPVanish offers a pre-configured router for Roku devices. In terms of connectivity, users have access to 1,500+ servers in 75+ countries worldwide to get around censorship filters. You can torrent files and connect up to 10 devices simultaneously of vide range including SmartTVs, gaming consoles & iPhones.
Equipped with a kill switch or network lock feature and split tunneling allows you to be on the public network and a private network at the same time because maybe there are some things you want to be on the public network and some things you want to be on the private network.
- Works well on Roku
- Multi-Platform protection
- Unlimited P2P Traffic
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- Reliable kill switch
- Lack of optimized servers
Which Roku Devices Support Disney Plus
Roku TV models are compatible with Disney Plus. Disney Plus supports up to 4K Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos content, depending on specific TV model capabilities. 4K Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos content require compatible display and sound systems.
You can add Disney Plus to your Roku TV from the online Roku Channel Store, or, on your TV, you will find it in the “Movies & TV” category of the “Streaming Channels” on the Roku home screen. Disney+ is supported on hundreds of Roku TV models, Samsung TV, Apple TV, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc.
To enjoy the highest quality Disney Plus experience, a high-speed Internet connection is recommended along with a selection of a suitable VPN to unblock Disney+ and also ensure that all components, including HDMI cables, support high-bandwidth digital content.
Most Compatible Roku Devices for Disney Plus
Roku’s first digital media player was introduced 10 years back. It launched in collaboration with Netflix the company by giving the concept of low-cost, small form boxes designed for an extraordinary media experience. Roku enables you to access streaming media content from various online services in the comfort of your home.
There are many Roku devices available in the market but these five I found more helpful watching Disney Plus, now let’s learn about them;
1. Roku Streaming Stick Plus
Roku streaming stick plus is designed for long-range connectivity with its wireless receiver which gives you four times the normal range. Roku streaming stick plus controls streaming and adjust the volume with just one remote. It is easy to connect.
You can enjoy your favorite shows and movies anytime anywhere you can even use it in rooms far away from your router like your basement or even back yard with the brilliant HD 4k and HDR picture quality of this Roku device you can sit back and relax.
You can always say use your voice to search across different channels with the free Roku mobile app the Roku stick plus, also allows you to listen privately on your headphones with the free Roku mobile app just plugs the headphones into your remote.
2. Roku Ultra-Streaming Media Player
This device is great for heavy streamers of Disney Plus, giving them brilliant picture quality with its 4k HD and HDR resolutions. This device also features a OneTouch control using your voice to set your personal shortcuts.
On this device, you can launch your favorite playlists search for a favorite actor, and even more, the device is a lost remote finder feature so you won’t have a hard time looking for it when you accidentally lose or drop it simply press the button on your player.
This media player has a USB and micro SD ports that can be used for local playbacks and add extra channel storage, it also comes with an Ethernet port for Wired streaming the Roku ultra comes with premium JBL headphones that you can use to pump up the volume.
3. Roku Premiere Streaming Media Player
This product is great for 4k and HDR TVs first-time streamers. Disney Plus, Netflix, etc, you can enjoy the most talked-about TV channels by using a premium HDMI cable. It provides a quick setup, using your iOS or Android mobile device.
Just download the free Roku mobile app and start searching with your keyboard. You can also enjoy the Roku voice feature that lets you search quickly for entertainment controls. Its automatic update lets you get the most up-to-date and newest features.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Roku: FAQ’s
When you explore to get Disney Plus in Singapore, there will be queries in your mind to find answers. Below can be one of those expected and common questions.
🎁What is the expected life span of a Roku device?
Around 3-5 years, it partially depends on the device (i.e. a low-end device probably won’t last as long as the deluxe model)
▶️Is my Roku too old for Disney plus?
Disney Plus is not available on some older Roku Players ad usually made in 2011 and before.
⚠️How do I update my Roku software?
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll to “Settings,” and then press the right arrow to select it.
- Scroll to “System” and select it.
- Scroll to “System update” and select it.
- Select “Check now” to manually check for and install updates.
Wrapping Things Up
Roku offers a complete range of products that are compatible with the router, VPN, and Disney Plus setting. After reading all the above, you should know how to get Disney Plus on Roku Devices. Nevertheless, if you encounter any issues, feel free to drop a comment below!