How to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung TV in Singapore (Jan. 2021)
Not all televisions are compatible with Disney Plus and require enough features. If you are pondering on how to watch Disney Plus in Singapore on Samsung TV, you will have to invest in a VPN solution. This goes true for all binge-watchers, who reside outside the US.
You see, Disney Plus is blocked in Singapore and countries outside the United States. Therefore, if you want to unblock Disney+ and its complete content library, a VPN can help in region-hopping and bypassing content limitations, which is a treat for binge-watchers!
📢 To get Disney Plus in Singapore on Samsung TV, scroll down to find the best VPN, and follow the simple steps below!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney+ on Samsung TV [Overview]
- PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on Samsung TV Preconfigured routers available for Samsung TV. 6,500+ servers in 180+ locations. AES-256-bit Encryption. Test trial for 7-day trial available @ $0.99/mo. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Samsung TV Preconfigured routers available for Samsung TV. 3200+ servers in 65 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. Free trial available and 30-day refund guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Samsung TV. Preconfigured routers available for Samsung TV. 5,400+ servers in 59 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. 7-day free trial for Android, and iOS. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ Samsung TV. Router application for existing models. 3,000 servers in 94 locations. AES-256-GCM Encryption. Free trial and 30-Day Refund Guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Unblocks Disney Plus on Samsung TV. Preconfigured routers available for Samsung TV. 1600+ servers in 75+ locations.. AES-256-CBC Encryption. No free trial but a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Starts at $2.33/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung TV
1. Configuring a VPN on Your WiFi Router
- Download Router Firmware
- Connect to Router
- Flash the Router according to the manual provided or search online
- Login to the dashboard via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Enter your credentials
- Click on the “services” tab
- Open the “VPN” tab.
- Check the “Enable” box, next to “Start OpenVPN Client”
- Add relevant settings after contacting your VPN support team.
- Select the US server for the connection.
- Connect your Apple TV to the VPN Wi-Fi Router.
- Open the Disney Plus app and enjoy the series and shows
2. Share Connection Through your Windows PC
You can share your internet connection from a PC or Laptop to set up a VPN on Samsung and other Smart TVs. For this create a virtual hotspot.
- Go to Start Menu.
- Open Control Panel.
- Enter network and Sharing Center.
- Change Adapter Settings.
- Find the ‘tap adapter’ connected with your VPN provider.
- Right-click on tap to get into properties.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Check the box that says:
- Allow other network users to connect through this computer.
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Ethernet connection just configured.
- Restart your PC/Laptop to complete the setup.
- Use this connection on your Samsung Smart TV.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung TVs [Detailed Analysis]
Find below the detailed inspection of empirical best VPNs, unblocking strength, device compatibility, encryption, protocols supported, and most importantly, router compatibility for setup on Samsung TV.
1. PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on Samsung TV
PureVPN offers Disney Plus on Samsung TV with a preconfigured router application with a detailed instruction template on the website for the connection of the VPN to the router.
From the router dashboard, connect to a server in the US and you will need to download the OpenVPN files on the router. The support team of PureVPN can facilitate you in finding the best servers for unblocking Disney Plus.
- Works well with Samsung TV
- Unlimited data transfer
- Top grade security
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- AES-256 Bit-Encryption
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- Customer service needs improvement
2. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Samsung Tv
Surfshark is located in the British Virgin Islands, launched in 2018, offers the same compatibility as PureVPN. A pre-configured router for VPN connectivity can be used to stream the content on TVs like Samsung TV, Apple TV, Smart TV, and other non-TV devices.
The VPN possesses a prominent presence in the market in terms of network infrastructure. Simply load OpenVPN (.ovpn) file on your Surfshark router; one that has a server in the US and utilizes obfuscation to transform VPN traffic into regular HTTPs traffic.
- Works perfectly with Samsung TV
- No ads, trackers, malware and phishing attempts
- Connect to unlimited devices simultaneously
- Kill switch protects your data when disconnected
- Private DNS & leak protection
- Limited P2P servers may cause slow speed
3. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Samsung TV
NordVPN is located in Panama, established in 2012, is a reliable and secure option in the marketplace with safe jurisdiction from the prying eyes of the 5, 9, and 14 alliances, and users get instant access to Disney Plus on Samsung through a pre-configured router.
There is a list of obfuscated servers available with NordVPN which can be obtained from their live chat support to help access Disney Plus on your Samsung TV. Purchasing plans of NordVPN comprise of three durations: monthly ($11.95), annually @ $4.92/mo., and 2-years @ $3.71/mo.
- Works perfectly for Samsung TV
- Follow strictly no-log policy
- Top-notch privacy and security
- Cryptocurrencies and Cash accepted as payment
- Automatic Kill Switch Feature
- Support Needs Improvement
4. ExpressVPN: Fast VPN for Disney+ on Samsung TV
ExpressVPN is located on the British Virgin Islands, founded in 2011, is one of the fastest VPNs for getting Disney Plus on your Samsung TV, PS4, Smart TVs, and Roku devices through a “router application”, which you can install on any existing compatible router.
Also, the VPN offers pre-configured routers in case the router available is not compatible with the ExpressVPN application. As far as connectivity is concerned, users have access to 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries that use TrustServer Technology.
- Works perfectly with Samsung TV
- MediaStreamer Smart DNS
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Supports WireGuard
- Product is a Little Expensive
5. IPVanish: Unblocks Disney Plus on Samsung TV
IPVanish is located in the United States, launched in 2012 is a great option for Samsung TV users, who want to leverage good value. It does not provide a smart DNS feature but just like the above-listed VPNs, IPVanish makes available a preconfigured router for Samsung TV.
The provider also has a large network of 1,500+ servers in 75+ countries worldwide. This enables users to indulge in hassle-free p2p/file sharing and unblocking of Disney Plus and other libraries for different streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more.
- Works perfectly with Samsung TV
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- Reliable kill switch
- Connects 10 simultaneous connections
- Torrenting is allowed
- Privacy issues
Prerequisites for Having Disney+ on Samsung TV
After successfully launching a VPN on Samsung TV, another prerequisite is Disney Plus subscription with monthly charges are $6.99/- Disney service is currently ahead in terms of brands or prices suitable for the masses. Controlling the Disney Plus app is simple and works quite similarly no matter what device you’re using it on.
How to Install Disney Plus on Samsung TV
- Signup for Disney Plus
- Turn On your Samsung TV
- Connect your TV to the internet
- Connect to VPN (Preferred one is PureVPN)
- Select server in the USA
- Locate the Disney Plus App from the home screen and select it
- Install the App on the home screen
- Open the app and log-in using the credentials you chose at sign-up
How to Watch Disney Plus on Old Samsung TVs
It is not possible to buy a Samsung new model of TV each year. And older models are not compatible with Disney Plus. But it doesn’t mean that you can not watch Disney Plus on your available Samsung TV. You’ll have to buy an external device that supports Disney Plus App.
To get Disney Plus on an older Samsung TV, you can hook up a streaming device like a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android devices, Apple TV (4th gen or later),iPhone, or Chromecast. They will connect to the TV through HDMI and enable you to access Disney Plus through their apps.
How to Download Disney+ Shows to Watch Later
Disney Plus has an excellent feature of downloading shows to watch later. Now you don’t have to wait for the repeat telecast of shows and managing your routine to catch your shows. Disney Plus is giving you an extra edge of flexibility.
You can watch your shows offline, without any hassles or interruptions. To download browse the show you want to watch offline. Next to the play button, you will see the download icon. By clicking that icon, the download process will begin!
How to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung TV: FAQs
🎁How do I search for apps on my Samsung TV?
- Turn your Samsung Smart TV on and make sure it’s connected to your home internet.
- At the bottom left of the TV screen, select the APPS button.
- In APPS, you’ll see several categories that appear on the screen.
- When you find an app you’re interested in, select it.
▶️How to update an app on Samsung Smart TV?
- Press Smart Hub Key, navigate to Featured, and select.
- Navigate to the App that requires updating, press, and hold the Enter key until the Sub Menu appears.
- Navigate to Update Apps and select.
- Click on Select All.
- Navigate to Update and select.
⚠️Can I upgrade my Samsung TV to Tizen?
Samsung has released a new hardware kit that allows you to update your older Samsung Smart TVs, including the company’s 2013 F9000 series as well as the 2014 HU series, to the latest Tizen operating system.
🥉How do I know what OS I have on my Samsung TV?
- Press the Menu Button on the remote control
- Select the Support option
- Scroll to the right using the arrow keys and select Contact Samsung
- Once Contact Samsung is selected it will open up the information in a separate window
- You can find the Firmware and other information about the TV under the Product information
⭐Where is App Store on Samsung TV?
- Get to know the home screen.
- Find apps to download.
- Select an app.
- Install the app.
- Sign in.
- Open the app.
- Move apps around.
Wrapping Things Up
What you have learned in this guide is accessing Disney Plus on Samsung TV while in Singapore with the use of VPN tools will help you bypass the restricted content.