How to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV in Singapore (Jan. 2021)
Smart TVs are now incorporating savvy home gadgets with a few even coming with a dashboard for controlling the entirety of the gadgets in your home. Add this to the easy accessibility of entertainment and nothing can be better than to stream on a large screen.
However, if you are wondering how to get Disney Plus in Singapore on Smart TV, you will need to invest in a VPN. While most Smart TVs do come equipped with the Disney+ application, users in Singapore cannot access content on the platform.
📢 To get Disney Plus in Singapore on Smart TVs, scroll down to find the best VPN, and follow the simple steps below!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TVs [Overview]
- PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV Preconfigured routers available for Smart TVs. 6,500+ servers in 180+ locations. AES-256-bit Encryption. Test trial for 7-day trial available @ $0.99/mo. Starts at $1.32/mo on a 5-year plan.
- Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV Preconfigured routers available for Smart TVs. 3200+ servers in 65 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. Free trial available and 30-day refund guarantee. Starts at $2.21/mo on a 2-year plan.
- NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV. Preconfigured routers available for Smart TVs. 5,400+ servers in 59 locations. AES-256-CBC Encryption. 7-day free trial for Android, and iOS. Starts at $3.71/mo on a 2-year plan.
- ExpressVPN: Fast Streaming for Disney+ Smart TV. Router application for existing models. 3,000 servers in 94 locations. AES-256-GCM Encryption. Free trial and 30-Day Refund Guarantee. Starts at $6.67/mo on a 15-months plan.
- IPVanish: Unblocks Disney Plus on Samsung TV. Preconfigured routers available for Smart TVs. 1500+ servers in 75+ locations.. AES-256-CBC Encryption. No free trial but a money-back guarantee of 30-days. Starts at $2.33/mo on a 1-year plan.
How to Watch Disney Plus in Singapore on Smart TV
New models of Smart TV (Android 5 or newer) are able to download Disney Plus, but to connect it to a VPN, you do need to put some extra effort. Depending on the type of Smart TV you are using, you may have to rely on different methods for setting up a VPN.
How to Watch Disney Plus on All Smart TVs
- Download Router Firmware
- Connect to Router
- Flash the Router according to the manual provided or search online
- Login to the dashboard via 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Enter your credentials
- Click on the “services” tab
- Open the “VPN” tab.
- Check the “Enable” box, next to “Start OpenVPN Client”
- Add relevant settings after contacting your VPN support team.
- Select the US server for the connection.
- Connect your Smart TV to the VPN Wi-Fi Router.
- Open the Disney Plus app and enjoy the series and shows
How to Watch Disney Plus on Android TVs
- Subscribe to a VPN. We recommend signing up with PureVPN!
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android Smart TV
- Search for “PureVPN” and click on the first option
- Open the PureVPN application on Your Android TV
- Switch the VPN mode to “Stream and Open “Popular Websites”
- Select “Disney Plus” from the list and enjoy streaming!
How to Watch Disney Plus on Firestick TV
- Launch Firestick and click on “Settings”
- Open the “Device” option from the list
- Scroll down to “Developer Options”
- Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- Select the “Turn On” option when prompted.
- Type “PureVPN” into the search bar.
- Press the “Get” button to begin the installation.
- Launch PureVPN and connect to a server in the US
- Open the Netflix app and enjoy the US content library!
How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TVs
- Subscribe to a premium plan from a provider like PureVPN
- Download the preferred app for your iOS (iPhone, Mac, iPad)
- Activate PureVPN and enter your login credentials
- Connect to a server that is located in the United States
- Open the Disney Plus app and find the video you want to AirPlay
- Check if your iOS device and TV are connected on the same network
- Click on the “Screen Mirror” icon and select your Smart TV
- Enjoy streaming the Disney Plus library!
5 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus on Smart TV [Detailed Analysis]
Here is a detailed experimental analysis of the 5 best VPNs for Disney Plus based on their unblocking strength, device compatibility, encryption, protocols supported, and most importantly, router compatibility for setup on Smart TVs.
1. PureVPN: The Best VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV
PureVPN is Hong Kong-based and highly compatible with Smart TVs, Samsung TV models, Apple TVs, and iPhones. It’s easy to use interface provides a user experience, pre-programmed router helps to connect to a US server and attaching your Smart TV to the Wi-Fi.
The provider supports OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, and PPTP; AES 256-bit encryption which makes it more credible among its competitors. Its strict compliance with the no-log policy is further endorsed by an external audit.
- Compatible with Smart TV
- Unlimited data transfer
- Top grade security
- Dedicated IPs and Split Tunneling
- AES-256 Bit-Encryption
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- Customer service needs improvement
2. Surfshark: Budget VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV
Surfshark is based in the British Virgin Islands, is a budget-friendly VPN that works perfectly on Smart TV devices. It offers a pre-configured router for connecting your Smart TV to a VPN server and obfuscation technology unblocks Disney Plus.
Surfshark offers both Smart DNS and a VPN service as part of its standard subscription. You even receive support for Shadowsocks and establish unlimited simultaneous connections on a single plan, backed up with a generous 30-days money-back guarantee!
- Works perfectly with Smart TVs
- Ads, trackers, malware protection
- Connect to unlimited devices simultaneously
- Kill switch protects your data when disconnected
- Private DNS & leak protection
- Limited P2P servers may cause slow speed
3. NordVPN: Secure VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV
NordVPN is based in Panama, a highly secure VPN for privacy-conscious users and binge-watchers. It provides a preconfigured router for connecting to a VPN via the Wi-Fi network and even makes available pre-flashed DD-WRT routers that are configured for Smart TVs, PS4, and Roku devices.
The VPN even offers fast and stable speed and uses obfuscation technology which can transform VPN traffic into regular HTTPs traffic, giving users the ability to bypass geo-restrictions. NordVPN’s SmartPlay feature further helps in unblocking VoDs worldwide!
- Compatible with Smart TV
- Cryptocurrencies and cash accepted for payment
- Kill Switch prevents privacy leaks
- Connects to 6 devices simultaneously
- P2P allows the sharing of large files
- Does not squeeze bandwidth
- Improvement is needed for OpenVPN
4. ExpressVPN: Fast VPN for Disney+ on Smart TV
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands and is one of the faster VPNs for Smart TVs. ExpressVPN offers a pre-configured router app, which you can install on existing DD-WRT and Tomato routers eliminating the need for a pre-configured router compatible devices like, Roku, PS4, Smart TVs, etc.
A third-party audit from PricewaterhouseCoopers proves that ExpressVPN never logs information of its users. ExpressVPN uses an AES 256-bit with a 4096-bit RSA key and SHA-512 HMAC authentication, which is the highest level of encryption.
- Works perfectly with Smart TVs
- MediaStreamer Smart DNS
- Verified “No-Logs” Policy
- 30-day Refund Policy
- Supports WireGuard
- Product is a Little Expensive
5. IPVanish: Unblocks Disney Plus on Smart TV
IPVanish based in the United States offers a pre-configured router for VPN connection to your Smart TV via the Wi-Fi network with military-grade encryption and private DNS servers with DNS leak protection. Torrenting & P2P is allowed.
It offers L2TP and PPTP protocols and provides a complete guide on its website for a router setting. If you are not confident about your router, IPVanish sells pre-flashed DD-WRT routers that are compatible with Smart TVs and Apple TV.
- Compatible with Smart TVs
- Automatic cycling of IP address
- Unlimited P2P Traffic
- Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks
- Reliable kill switch
- Lack of optimized servers
How to Get Disney Plus on Smart TV-FAQ’s
🎁Will my TV support Disney plus?
Disney+ is available for most smart TVs, including compatible Samsung and LG TVs, plus all android-based Sony smart TVs.
▶️How many devices can stream Disney plus?
Every Disney Plus account can stream to four devices simultaneously.
⚠️How do I get Disney plus on my smart TV?
You can watch Disney Plus on most smart TVs simply by downloading the app from your TV’s app store.
🥉What do you mean by smart TV?
A smart TV is a connected TV set with integrated Internet and interactive Web 2.0 features, which allows users to stream music and videos, browse the internet, and view photos.
Wrapping Things Up
What you have learned in this guide is accessing Disney Plus on Smart TV while in Singapore with the use of VPN tools will help you bypass the restricted content.